poli-bhaji, dal-bhat!

Inspite of a small cut on the finger of my right hand..cudn't stop myself from posting on the blog.. well, the cut is due to a kitchen knife! me in kitchen ...all this morning and past few mornings preparing lunches, dinners! yep. I am having my first had experience of managing kitchen and related activities!(read:shopping sabjis, cutting them, preserving them, making sure everything that is over, is refilled. feuw!) reason: mom's out on a vacation! and i am the 'incharge'..yeah.. Dad's there. .and he helps a lot too.. BUT the fact remains that i am doing the kitchen work!

It all started last summer, when my mom "said i quit!" as everyone at home except her were enjoying the vacations while she had to carry on with her routine, with little ( i know, very little)help from me and my bro kaustubh! so.. finally, one fine morning she made a surprise plan to visit her hometown. .and all of us( me ,kaustubh n dad) readily accepted her challenge of managing the house even without her guidance and believe it or not we did quite well..i mean, almost.. except that some containers in the fridge were never opened in her absence and hence we had to face deadly consequences..( you know what I mean ,right?!)

well, that is history.. This year when my exams got over, I had big plans as this would supposedly be my last official chutti after exam( I plan to work now. provided I get one). .and went ahead with it quite enthusiastically! Did some shopping, visited friends, relatives, did a nice summer camp\trek.. All was well.. until, I came back from the trek..My mom had already packed her bags and right now she is in her beatiful hometown without worrying about what to cook at night!

I mean com'on, this is kind of unfair! she never had to face this agnipariksha wen she was at her mom's place?! Then why me? I have asked this question to myself before.. and I did get the answer. I guess, its just becoz god wants to give me one more chance to understand the kind of hardships mo'm faces everyday just to make us feel happy...! I knew, that managing stuff at home is as difficult as managing ur own studies! but, knowing it and experiencing it, are two completely different things! and now, I am sure, the next time we find something wrong with the dal's taste, we will think twice before blaming mom!

well, its already 5 in the evening.. so while I go sabji-shopping, you take a clue from all this and don't ever think of blaming your mom for a not-so-tasty food!.. you never know, the next morning you wake up and realise that she's already in her hometown enjoying vacations!

टिप्पण्या

arclite म्हणाले…
Yes ..ll think thrice before doing it now..i thought twice already before..:)

या ब्लॉगवरील लोकप्रिय पोस्ट

उपास मज लागला...

मैत्री -2